So, I made crackers, then I made brownies, and suddenly realized sometimes.I had not made any dinner.Well, I could have just ate brownies for dinner, I could.But, I felt I should be a good boy, or as good as I can be, and make some actual food for dinner.I wanted chickpeas, and I wanted vegetables.
So, I chopped up this, chopped up that, and took it from there.Yeah, if you had not already guessed; I am a bit of a wild guy.Watch out for me.
So, I went into chopping frenzy.Well, once I picked out of the fridge what would be cooked, and more importantly: What I would be eating.
That is the frenzy of the chopping, and such.Colorful, isn’t it?
- Cup of Chickpeas, cooked and rinsed.Ready to go.
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- 1 green pepper, chopped into rings.
- 1 red pepper, chopped into rings.
- 1 onion, yellow, chopped into half moon rings.
- 1 zucchini, chopped into coin shapes, I do not fucking know.Look at the photo.
- Mushrooms, chopped up.I would say about a cup and a half.
- 1 tomato, chopped into medium sized cubes.
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock.
- 2 tablespoons of cooking sherry.
- Tablespoon of thyme.
- Tablespoon of oregano.
- 1/3 cup of sliced black olives.
Get yourself a big pot, with a lid.I am not sure the order matters, but I placed the garlic, followed by all the vegetables.
I then added the chickpeas, paste, thyme, oregano,vegetable stock,sherry, and put the heat on to medium.lid it, and let it come to a boil.Mix frequently.Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer, still mixing frequently, for about a half hour.
Now, salt and pepper, and add the olives.Mix it once more, and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve with some parsley.
For something I kind of just made up in my strange little mind, it was not half bad.Well, I guess it would have to be for me to be writing this.Maybe.I suppose you will never know, unless you made it.Or, whatever.